GHD is searching for a mid-level environmental graphic designer with
2–5 years experience working in three-dimensional space, including
environmental graphic design, signage and wayfinding. The candidate's
portfolio should demonstrate the ability to articulate concepts through a
cohesive visual vocabulary, including the use of materials. Excellent
verbal and written communications skills, strong typographic skills, and
attention to detail are critical for developing compelling projects in
the built environment, as is an extraordinary passion for design
collaboration with an exceptionally committed design team.
Efficient time management and strong organization skills are required to handle multiple projects and meet rigid deadlines and budgetary constraints. The candidate must be able to work closely and collaboratively with internal team members, third party vendors and partners, and clients, displaying a positive attitude and a strong commitment to excellence.
Responsibilities include research, concept development, design, execution and implementation of various types of projects for corporations and cultural institutions as well as project management and client interaction.
Qualifications & Skills
- Undergraduate design degree; graduate degree preferred
- 2–5 years of work experience
- Expertise in all industry-standard design applications, particularly Adobe Creative Suite; proficiency in CADTools and Sketchup, a plus.
- Firm understanding of fabrication and installation methods
- Experience managing project budgets
- Experience managing client relationships
- Knowledge of ADA standards and NYC Building Code a plus
- Proficient in multi-tasking and juggling several projects at once
- Creative and critical thinker who is equally collaborative and independent
- Passionate about design, art and architecture
How To Apply
Email should include your cover letter, resume and digital portfolio (URL or PDF). We will only contact applicants if we require further information or to schedule an interview. GHD is an equal opportunity employer.