Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer's brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
Gensler Chicago Office has an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to work within our branding and graphic design studio. This individual will be working with an interdisciplinary team of designers who work on environmental graphic design, signage and wayfinding, digital design, interactive, brand strategy, product design and print projects. The team works both with internal clients, who consist of architects and interior designers, and a broad spectrum of external client sectors.
What You Will Do
- Manage multidisciplinary studio workload
- Interact with internal team members, project managers from other disciplines, representatives from accounting and external vendors
- Perform as point of contact on projects for clients, vendors, and teams
- Manage coordination between studios
- Manage project staffing/hours
- Cultivate and maintain positive client relationships
- Assist in the development of proposals and laborate in the strategic development of new business
- Create and manage project scopes, budgets and workplans
Candidate would be expected to provide and review materials which speak to their Design and Project Management experience, specifically walking through typical projects and processes.
- Ideally a minimum of 10 years experience in architecture, environmental graphic design, design for the built environment or related field
- Architecture, Interior Design or Graphic Design Bachelor's Degree preferred; degree in related field will be considered based on relevant experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of project management tools is a plus
- Experience with proposal writing and pitch presentations is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple teams
- Experience working with laborative multi-disciplinary teams, including designers and strategists
- Comfortable in internal and external client facing situations
- Ability to read architectural construction documents and shop drawings a plus
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.