Digital Kitchen is a Creative Experience Company. We transform businesses through creative experiences - in the form of environments, branding, marketing, & content. We design for a sense of belonging, the most important driver of meaning between people and the brands they love. People want to fill their lives with – and return to – the experiences that share their values and create a true feeling of community.
We are looking for a Creative Director of Experience Design - someone who is responsible for creating meaningful engagements between people and brands around the globe - more often than not in a public space. You will be creating experiences for hospitality, corporate environments, physical retail, exhibits, sports/entertainment and beyond.
Who you are: You think about the big picture, aren’t afraid of the blank page and understand the power of distilling core emotions. You are ready to lead projects at every stage of the lifecycle, from creative concepts to technological integration and build. You have great presentation skills and can collaborate with and manage the complexity of a project with multiple players. You can spot a good idea before its formalized and find ways for the team to bring it to life. You love to tell stories. You think of the human experience before the user experience. You are a skilled craftsperson. An eager collaborator. And most importantly, a good-natured human being… who wants to lead an exceptionally talented group of creatives to produce work of the highest caliber.
What you’ll do: Feel, think, lead a team, inspire an intern, design, give feedback, start over, feel more, solve a problem, obsess over details, put on a hard hat and boots, repeat.
• Solve client needs with your own perspective on world-class artistry, design and strategy.
• Oversee the development and execution of creative solutions often starting with the blank page
• Direct and deliver creative experiences across many disciplines
• Push the boundaries of the built environment and blur the line between digital and physical space
• Be a leader and inspiring guide for a diverse range of creative disciplines • Mentor office-wide creatives
• Direct technical vendors and integrators
• Champion new design approaches and set up others for success
• Provide thought leadership inside and outside DK
• Develop innovative and strategically-relevant creative solutions that meet clients’ business objectives.
• Presentable, inspiring and professional communication
• Active listening and understanding of client needs
You might be a good fit if you:
• Love to create experiences that evolve and transform the public space.
• Care about the future of storytelling and want to find unique ways to express story through creative experiences (both virtual and real)
• Willing to travel internationally and put your impact on experiences around the world
• Understand the core foundations of storytelling – as it relates to spatial experiences
• Want to lead a diverse team of experience designers, filmmakers, designers and technologists to solve real problems
• Understand the needs of people before technology
• Inspire creatives at every level to think in new ways
• Are ready for a daily creative challenge that is out of your core area of expertise
• Hospitality and retail experience a bonus
You have these things:
• 8+ years of experience in the experience design category
• An understanding of how to work with architects, developers and media integrators • A love for new technologies and how people use them
• A current portfolio online or in pdf form (Please provide a link in your submission)
• A mastery of tools and techniques (both design software and design thinking)
• A love for finding inspiration beyond the computer and in the world around you
Considerations: • 20% travel. Both domestic and international
kyu Collective: • Digital Kitchen is a member of kyu, a new kind of collective. As part of kyu, a group of top-tier global creative services companies, we propel our belief that creativity has the power to move the economy and society forward. http://www.kyu.com
Digital Kitchen is an Equal Opportunity Employer