Guide Studio seeks a full-time Experiential Design Consultant — ideally someone with 1-5 years of direct experience in the field of Experiential or Environmental Graphic Design (EGD), but including designers, planners and architects who have the interest and ability to jump in and learn quickly.
A person who is energized by new opportunities and challenges, seeks growth, likes to work collaboratively and takes pride in being responsible for a variety of projects and roles will thrive at Guide. Responsibilities will include design and management of multiple projects, including:
- Strategy, design and implementation of signage, wayfinding, brand and marketing programs.
- Developing experiential graphic design elements, both physical and digital, based on user-centric principles.
- Developing design intent documentation for wayfinding, signage and EGD projects.
- Communicating and coordinating with clients, partners, vendors and fabricators.
- Developing creative for internal marketing efforts.
- 1-5 years of relevant experience. Undergraduate degree in design-related field.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking, including the ability to present ideas and concepts to others (verbally & visually), manage projects and lead meetings.
- Strong design sensibility and ability to visualize ideas in both 2 and 3 dimension.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with digital tools.
- Familiarity with 2D drafting software such as CadTools or CAD. Experience in 3D Modeling (Sketch-up or similar) a plus.
We believe in the connection between people and place. Whether it’s a city, park, museum or campus, visitor experience can make or break its success. At Guide Studio, we use strategy and design to help clients develop an intentional experience for visitors and regulars that leaves them with a positive and lasting impression.
Our crew is a talented team of tenured designers, wayfinders, communicators and experience junkies. We not only enjoy the work we do, but the places we support and the long-term partnerships that come with it.
Our work and office culture are built on a spirit of ego-free collaboration. We share ideas, feedback and jokes freely to make our days both productive and fun, and occasionally crack open a bottle of wine or a growler of beer to celebrate a successful project or simply keep creative juices flowing.
US + YOU
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply through our website or email your cover letter, resume and digital portfolio to email@example.com.