Who are we?
Mijksenaar is a design and consultancy firm specializing in wayfinding, with offices in New York City and Amsterdam. Our primary goal is to connect people and places in a meaningful way. We see every visit, ride and trip as a journey – all of which we strive to make easier, more efficient and more fun.
Mijksenaar offers our clients integrated, innovative and user-friendly solutions. Our philosophy is research based and our solutions are geared towards the users of the system. We believe that great design and functionality are most important to good design.
We work for many different types of clients, such as municipalities, airports, transportation hubs, hospitals, cultural institutions and shopping centers. Our solutions are used daily by millions of people in over 20 countries and over five continents. Our clients include: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, JFK International Airport, PATH Train NY&NJ, Dutch Railways, Qatar Rail, Delft University of Technology, The Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, and Denver International Airport.
What are you going to do?
At Mijksenaar you will further develop as a wayfinding expert, through collaboration in different teams and for different clients; and by following our internal training: ‘The Mijks Academy.’ From the start you’ll work on various projects by carrying out analyses and design solution strategies in order to work them out in your designs. You’ll use the means that work best, such as interventions in design or architecture; digital means such as narrowcasting or apps; and signage systems.
You will need to be proactive and find it your challenge to further develop your specialization and to familiarize yourself and use the new tools and methods at your disposal. Together within your design team, you’ll create integrated solutions for every client, all the while putting the end user first.
What will be your tasks?
- The development of integral wayfinding solutions, both physical and digital;
- Translate from vision and strategies to design proposals;
- Cooperate and support other designers, project managers, team members and consultants;
- Contact with clients and suppliers;• Undertaking analysis and writing reports;
- Giving concise, expert and convincing presentations;
- Preparing and participating in interactive sessions with clients and stakeholders.
What’s your profile?
- Undergraduate or masters degree in industrial design, communication/graphic design, experience design, architecture, digital media or comparable field;
- 3–5 years experience in a wayfinding office, a related design field office or post graduate education;
- A thorough knowledge of and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Digital skills and programming are a plus;• You are creative and analytical, passionate and strive for the best result;
- You are proactive and curious, you like to push boundaries;
- You meet your deadlines and do not have a “nine to five” mentality;
- Dutch is a plus, but not a requirement.
What’s are your conditions of employment?
- Your salary will be commensurate with your education and work experience.
- We’ll offer you a varied and challenging position in an inspiring and an informal atmosphere.
- Interested? Send a cover letter, your CV and portfolio to us by August 31, 2018 to: email@example.com, attention: Cesar Sanchez