Ware Malcomb is hiring an Environmental Branding Project Designer in our Woodbridge NJ office.
The Project Designer is responsible for designing and managing wayfinding, signage, informational display and environmental branding projects from concept to installation. The Project Designer is the client liaison for the business aspect of the project and works to ensure great client service, high quality results, and profitability on every project. Successful designers display a collaborative spirit able to work with overall Ware Malcomb Branding team, a wide range of professional disciplines, peers and clients with a positive attitude and contribute to the overall Branding Studio growth.
Project Designer requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related design field
- 5+ years of experience
- Expertise in Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), CAD Tools
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and SketchUp
- Hand sketching ability to communicate concepts a plus
- Experience researching City/Town zoning code and processing requirements related to exterior signage
- Familiarity with signage fabrication, installation techniques, materials and construction specifications is required
- Excellent design skills, and capable of pushing limits and explore creative possibilities when appropriate. A strong sense of design for three dimensional context and environments is a must.
- Must be capable of reading and understanding architectural drawings, as well as, building and ADA code requirements and how it is applied to wayfinding.
- Knowledge of how to prepare design documentation from concept to design development and bid documents. Ability to prepare production-ready art files for fabrication.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills required to handle multiple tasks to meet demanding deadlines.
- Understand and manage client and internal design budgets. Responsible for the project’s financial success. Monthly review of project budget reports, invoices and pre-billing reports.
- Express strong verbal and written communication skills to compliment project management and new business attainment.
Ware Malcomb is an international design firm offering integrated services throughout the world. Founded in 1972, Ware Malcomb offers planning, architecture, interior design, branding, civil engineering, and sustainable design services to diverse clients.
Ware Malcomb offers the best of both worlds, a small office supportive and nurturing work environment with large company amenities and resources which provides amazing opportunity for internal growth. Ware Malcomb offers a whole life balance, health-focused company culture, competitive salary and overall benefits package.
**Must be legally able to work in the United States**