Our Massachusetts office is currently looking to hire an Environmental Graphic Designer. The ideal candidate is a visionary who can communicate design concepts and is passionate about their work. This position offers an exciting opportunity to integrate graphic communication, branding, signage and wayfinding in fresh and creative ways for high-profile projects.
• Conceptualize and design environmental graphic elements for mixed use, retail, residential, commercial, hospitality, entertainment, education and transit oriented developments.
• Demonstrate ability to detail and document all aspects of wayfinding and branded environment packages from concept design through design intent.
• Experience generating detailed plans, elevations and sections of signage and brand elements.
• Experience with materials, fabrication techniques and signage specifications.
• Ability to generate message schedules and location plans.
• Experience coordinating with fabricators, architects, interior designers and other subs.
• Conduct research and analysis.
• Design & document environmental graphic, signage and wayfinding packages for interior, exterior, and architecturally based projects up to a design intent level.
• Develop signage programming plans and prepare message schedules.
• Manage various construction administration tasks including shop drawings and RFI reviews, site & punch list documentation.
• Coordinate client communication.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2 - 3 years of experience in environmental graphic design, architecture, interior design, industrial design or other relevant fields and possess skill sets including:
• Self-motivator & starter, collaborative & positive attitude.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Understand project schedules & deliverable expectations.
• Required professional degree (Bachelors).
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), SketchUp, REVIT/AUTO CAD or similar, Microsoft Word and Excel, Filemaker Pro.
• Particular experience with Signage and Wayfinding.
Selbert Perkins Design offers a great benefits package - health, dental, life/Long term disability, and 401K plan!