CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Graphic Designer based in our Washington, DC area office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges. This entry-level position will be integral member of our multi-disciplinary team, working on projects in multiple typologies such as sports, education, healthcare, and science & technology. Primary Responsibilities will include the following:
- Involvement in all phases of the design process from conceptual development through artwork production.
- Participate in recommendations for concept, design, art direction, and production for a variety of two- and three-dimensional graphics, signage and exhibits.
- Under direct supervision and partnership with the environmental graphics team, design a variety of two- and three-dimensional graphics, maps, print layouts for exhibits and signage.
- With guidance, work with selected clients and participate in the interpretation and translation of their expressed needs and ideas into concepts.
- Prepare photo visualizations and mockups of proposed signgage for placement, content and/or usage.
- Prepare camera-ready artwork for fabrication.
- Work with vendors/fabricators.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct. CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.