Gensler’s San Francisco office is seeking and intermediate level Environmental Graphic Designer. This position will focus on environmental graphic design, documentation and fabrication coordination with familiarity with digital experience design a plus. The candidate is a strong 2D and 3D designer who will be required to quickly generate multiple initial concepts and develop them into viable design solutions. Our ideal candidate will also have strong technical skills from design development through documentation and fabrication coordination. EGD solutions will have a strong emphasis on integrating concepts into built environments. This individual will coordinate between multiple internal projects teams, fabricators and clients. Projects will cover several design disciplines including retail, workplace, mixed use and architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, environmental graphic design, information design, communication design or similar
- MINIMUM OF FIVE years of experience after graduation in graphic design, environmental graphic design and production
- Strong typography, composition and information design skills
- Experience with built environment, comprehension of architectural scales, sections, plans and elevations a must
- Ability to visualize ideas in two and three dimensions
- Strong aptitude to learn new software modeling and animation programs
- Experience in project work involving signage systems and wayfinding programs required
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills that works well in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation skills; writing skills a definite advantage
Software Competency required:
- Adobe Creative Suite with CADtools, Dreamweaver, After Effects, or Flash; coding knowledge a strong advantage
- Ability to work in 3D modeling programs such as SketchUp is a strong advantage
- Ability to work in Revit for signage programming is a strong advantage
- Ability to design and deliver websites is a plus, but not required
YOU MUST SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.