Canary is a unique graphic, branding and environmental design studio within Gould Evans, a national architectural firm.
Canary brings experience working in both public and private sectors and offers a portfolio including brand development, print media, environmental graphics, and interior architecture.
We are looking for candidates that are energetic, talented, and have a desire to work as part of a collaborative open environment design studio in Phoenix, AZ.
Primary responsibilities include;
• Conceptual design and design detailing of signage, wayfinding and environmental graphics/branding intent packages and production files, brand development and graphic design.
• Ability to read floorplans, ceiling plans, and elevations to evaluate client’s signage needs and develop sign schedule/program for wayfinding and brand integration.
• Work collaboratively within our studio, encouraging and challenging one another across disciplines toward more innovative solutions to our clients’ design challenges
• Collaborate with clients to determine their vision, purpose and function for the environment, budget, and end outcomes.
• Integrate findings with project-specific research and knowledge of graphic and environmental design, formulating solutions that are grounded in best practices yet unique to the client’s needs.
• Project management including client coordination, consultants, signage fabricator/installation, budget tracking and cost estimates, and design directing of internal team members.
• Proficiency in – Adobe CS6, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, & Acrobat, and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Google Sketchup, 3D Max, Podium or equivalent preferred.
This is a full-time position which includes generous benefits such as vacation time, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as participation in a 401(k) and employee stock ownership plans.
We are seeking candidates with; •
A minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant environmental graphic design experience
• Collaborative, team-based approach to problem solving and a propensity to explore multiple solutions to a given problem.
• Strong knowledge and passion for three-dimensional design including concept generation, creative solutions, 2D and 3D design skills, messaging, typography, color, materiality and fabrication techniques and detailing
• Demonstrated ability to think in visual terms, to communicate, illustrate and present ideas effectively, and to work with project teams through challenging problem-solving exercises.
• Understanding of architecture and/or interior design preferred
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in graphic, industrial, interior, architectural design or other related design field
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and an electronic portfolio to HR@gouldevans.com. Please, no calls about this position. EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled