Adrenaline is an experience design agency that creates and implements brands and retail environments. From idea through implementation, from physical to digital, from one channel to the next, we create it – then fuse it all together. Our reach is local, global and multidimensional. Our product is experiences that redefine the way companies and consumers interact, and connect everywhere the two come in contact. The result is disruptive experience design that creates brand everywhereness – converting brand affection into consumer action.
Adrenaline is seeking a dynamic and proficient Environmental Graphic Designer will work as a key partner on fast-paced interdisciplinary teams of architects, interior designers, graphic designers, and more that deliver projects ranging from strategic planning to corporate and retail interiors. Candidates must demonstrate abilities in concept visualization, visual and verbal communication, and a strong understanding of design and scale within the built environment; possess strong design, organizational, leadership, project management, team-building, and communication skills.
The Environmental Graphic Designer should possess a passion for design - composition and materiality, typography and color theory as well as strong three-dimensional visioning skills that can be translated into innovative and implementable environmental solutions. This individual will be involved collaborative team of designers and strategists developing and advancing experience strategies and visual communications of a variety of project types with the goal to create positive and connective experiences.
The ideal candidate has 3-5+ years of environmental graphic design experience, with a professional background delivering and presenting graphics, signage and wayfinding, brand-related strategy, and user-focused experiences and has obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Interior Design and/or similar. Flexible schedule with ability to travel is a requirement of this position.
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery, and typography into three-dimensional built environments
- Strong way-finding planning experience including conducting research, site survey, developing way-finding strategies, and documenting design solutions (sign type drawings, message schedules & location plans)
- Proficiency drawing in scale and familiarity with architectural construction documents, elevations, plans, and shop drawings
- Ensures design and creative quality of all design projects by maintaining day-to-day knowledge and familiarity with creative aspects of all projects; enlists the participation and advocacy of leaders as appropriate
- Leads the design process for developing graphic and interior design concepts that complement the built environment as well as function effectively within that environment
- Works to maintain documentation and detailing standards for all projects and has working knowledge of typical manufacturing materials and processes
- Reviews and approves, in concert with leaders, all design materials prior to their presentation or release to the client
- Develop details and material palettes that are consistent with the design direction, integrate the environmental graphics and support of the overall quality of the project
- Review schematic design, design intent documents, shop drawings and material samples for conformance with studio standards.
- Work closely with the design team and project managers in the development of project delivery strategies, scheduling, budgets, etc
- Creative thinking & problem solving Ability to manage time & multiple projects and deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills, file management and attention to detail