SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of design excellence for our environmental graphic design studio. Our studio specializes in projects related to wayfinding, interpretive information, identity, branded environments and environmental graphic design. We are recognized for excellence in design, bringing distinctive solutions to every project. We collaborate with clients across a wide array of markets including cultural, civic, transportation and education. Join our collaborative design practice as an Environmental Graphic Designer for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the lead graphic designer across a broad range of client initiatives
- Actively participate in all aspects of the design process of environmental graphics
- Prepare drawing packages including plans, elevations, and details for environmental graphics projects
- Follow projects through production to installation
Desired skills and expertise:
- 5+ years of architectural, interior design or environmental graphic design experience with supporting portfolio
- Mastery over Adobe CS and 3D visualization/rendering tools
- Proficiency in Revit is desired, but not required
- Expert visual sense and understanding of typography and composition
- Ability to develop construction document sets
- Knowledge of ADA standards
- Proficient in presentation and communication skills, able to fully express design concepts
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.