ZEBRADOG (aka Z-D Studios), an internationally-recognized environmental brand consortium in Madison, Wisconsin, is seeking an Experience Designer to assist in the development of our unique facility brand programs.
Our multi-disciplined design Studio specializes in imagining, designing and deploying dynamic storytelling environments for a diverse array of brands and organizations.Our award-winning team of designers come from backgrounds spanning interactive design, graphic design, exhibit design, architecture and interior design.
The ideal candidate for this position can both conceptualize, and visually articulate, integrated design solutions that traverse traditional design mediums for a wide range of projects and client markets. This role requires the ability to develop cohesive strategies for projects with high levels of complexity, requiring both critical thinking, and strong visual results.
Our Experience Designers are involved in all phases of the design process from concept to completion, and often juggle multiple projects simultaneously. They possess strong graphic design skills and the ability to think beyond traditional static 2D applications. They are able to effectively communicate design rationale both verbally and visually, and work within a team-based, highly collaborative open Studio environment.
- Completion of college level education in; Graphic Design / Communications, Interior Design, Industrial Design (or related field(s))
- Minimum of 5 years in the creative services industry generating original design work
- Strong visual portfolio showing high level thought and presentation across multiple mediums
- Experience with branding, logo and identity development
- Proficiency in current Adobe CC environment
- Some understanding of basic architectural information and interior finishes, materials
- Ability to design for branded interior, and exterior, experiential environments
- Develop thought-provoking, visually-compelling design work that spans logo / identity, UI / UX, environmental graphics, exhibitry, signage, interactive media and art programs
- Successfully juggle multiple projects at various stages of design
- Assemble cohesive presentations that provide appropriate rationale and strategy, alongside conceptual storyboards
- Communicate successfully with both internal teams and client stakeholder groups
- Work as a visual problem-solver, distilling research, messaging into cohesive design solutions
- Precision, accuracy and ownership of all details throughout all stages of the design process
This is a fulfilling position within a diverse, award-wining design team and project portfolio, promising fresh new experiences each day, amazing brand exposure and Studio culture. We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
Please send resume, hat size, portfolio (or link to portfolio material) and a one-page introduction describing why you are the perfect candidate for the position. Madison Wisconsin is consistently rated among the top cities in the USA to live, work and play.
ZEBRADOG is located in the beautifully-restored historic Sixth Ward Carnegie Library in the Willy Street arts neighborhood. Our culture is professional, modern, Mid-western, laid-back and truthful.
(This is a full-time, in-Studio position – Remote work and/or freelance work not considered at this time).