We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Location: Seattle, Washington
The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for an Experiential Graphic Designer.
- Seattle, WA
Join our Visual Communications Studio as an Experiential Graphic Designer who works with clients from around the world to express their story in 2 & 3 dimensional media and spaces through experiential design, brand design, signage, and wayfinding. We are seeking an experienced, innovative individual, who can champion visual communications projects from concept to completion with passion, creativity, and attention-to-detail across a broad spectrum of building types. The EGD is responsible for all aspects of signage design, including wayfinding systems, sign location plans, message schedules, and signage drawings as well as brand implementation and environmental graphics. Candidate must be able to work under quick deadlines and lead client project meetings with professionalism and enthusiasm. As part of our integrated design teams, you will be responsible for developing projects that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a laborative thought leader with a strategic mindset, this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you'll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the firm. We rely on our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the firm profitably.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop wayfinding and signage projects from start to finish, including analysis and development of wayfinding strategies, sign location plans and message schedules, sign design concepts, schematic designs, design intent packages, and signage guidelines.
- Work with clients to develop specific graphic and user-oriented strategies for visual communication within a built environment, including corporate entity systems, environmental graphics programs, and consumer environments.
- Collaborate with the visual communications studio to support projects in planning, master planning, urban design, pedestrian movement, and user experience within the built environment.
- Assist in development of construction documents, procurement support, and fabrication for wayfinding/signage projects.
- Assist in the development of new brands and conveying the entity in imaginative and compelling ways.
- Coordinate design and delivery with clients, architects, engineers, and other design team members.
- Work laboratively within a planning and design framework, take ection from the team leaders, and develop high quality, client-ready deliverables within tight schedules and budgets.
- Provide clear and concise written, verbal, and visual communications to client, design team, stakeholders, suppliers, and vendors.
- 5-10 years of experience in graphic design, experiential graphic design, specification and production.
- Strong work ethic, with demonstrated efficiency, flexibility, and a positive spirit.
- Experience with material, or, typography, and specifications.
- Knowledge about products, production methods, fabrication, and installation.
- Experience with budget management.
- Ability to travel on short notice via air or ground trips locally and nationally to client meetings (travel estimate, up to 25%).
- Degree in architecture, industrial design, experiential graphic design, graphic design or similar program.
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat), and MS Office required.
- Provide a portfolio of experience.
- Member of/or involvement with SEGD and/or AIGA.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SketchUp, Revit, or Rhino.
DLR Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at edIn.