TollesonMcCoy, a Nashville, Tennessee-based experiential graphic design firm, is seeking a creative, self-motivated, experienced Experiential Graphic Designer (EGD) to be a part of our team. Candidates should have strong conceptual, visual communication, and problem-solving skills. The designer will assist in all phases of project design and development including programming, research and analysis, concept design, project management and development, and implementation drawings, and have strong experiences with EGD projects from conception through implementation.
REQUIREMENTS and SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, architecture, or related field.
- 3 –5 years experience in the EGD field or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs and Excel and the ability to visualize in two and three dimensions.
- Understanding of architectural scales and drawings - able to read and interpret architectural and shop drawings.
- Able to collaborate as well as ability to work autonomously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working directly with clients and the ability to manage client expectations with clear communications and confident leadership.
- Desire and ability to travel to out of town project locations.
- Salary commensurate based on experience and ability level.
- This is a full-time position.
- Interested applicants please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com
Dimensional, visual communication is our specialty. This includes signage and wayfinding, programming and design, interior and exterior branding, along with exhibition and identity design. TollesonMcCoy is a team of degreed graphic designers, architects and fine artists, with backgrounds combining planning, industrial, graphic and information design. We understand (and obsess over) graphic elements of communication, including typography, color, layout, contrast, legibility, and proportion. Years of working within the built environment have given us mastery knowledge of scale, materials, viewing distances, codes, and ADA requirements. This skill set lends a unique understanding of how to direct people through spaces while preserving architectural and landscape design integrity. We understand how users interact with their surroundings, and our work is informed by considering anticipated viewing directions and paths of travel, legible text capacity, and hierarchy of messages. We connect people and places. For more about who we are, please visit tollesonmccoy.com
We look forward to meeting you!