Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, Anderson Krygier (AK) provides experiential graphic design, landscape architecture and ecological analysis services. The firm is strongly rooted in its EGD practice and has been an SEGD member since 1991.
Come be part of our collaborative design team, working in a historic, light-filled office space overlooking the central city’s waterfront park. Every member of AK’s growing staff is creative and passionate in working together to enhance the human experience of place while reinvigorating the natural systems that sustain us.
We work across disciplines and at multiple scales for clients throughout the US and around the world on a wide array of interesting project types including higher education, healthcare, government, parks and recreation, and civic/arts facilities.
Current projects in studio include interactive EGD for Stanford University School of Humanities & Sciences’ new Bass Biology Building; and work for the U.S. Department of State on new consulate facilities in Guatemala City, Guatemala, and a new U.S. Embassy in Maputo, Mozambique.
Our downtown location is easy to access by bike, on MAX light rail, or via a nice walk across one of Portland’s many bridges—and feel free to bring your dog to work.
We are ready to hire an experienced EGD designer with project management, graphic and industrial design skills. Position requires strong ability to imagine physical objects and describe their component assemblies clearly, both graphically and in spoken and written American English. Candidates must be fluent in all phases of design, programming, documentation and production, able to organize and manage details and handle several projects simultaneously.
· Developing design process, design vision and technical parameters
· Coordinating with collaborators, clients and fabricators
· Managing all project phases, from planning through construction administration
· Creating original construction documents including: detail drawings, elevations, written specifications, message schedules and location plans
· Assisting with project pursuits including: marketing, business development, and proposal writing
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5-8 years of experience in design and project management
· Excellent design, graphic and 3D visualization skills
· High level of proficiency in Adobe CC Suite and Sketch-up
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office
· Strong spoken and written communication skills
· Flexibility to travel outside of Oregon
Commensurate with experience. Extremely competitive benefits package included.
Find more about AK at www.andersonkrygier.com
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to Anderson Krygier vie email to firstname.lastname@example.org