IA Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a full-time Experiential Graphic Designer in our Seattle office. Working under general supervision of a Senior EGD or Director of EGD, the Experiential Graphic Designer designs and develops a variety of deliverables, including brand development, signage and environmental graphics programs.
Specific responsibilities will includes:
• Actively participates in and oversees the design, development and production of environmental graphics
• Creates innovative, creative and complete design concepts and presents to clients
• Prepares plans, message schedules, sections, elevations and detailed drawing packages
• Manages the budget, scope and schedule for the environmental graphic design portion of projects
• Creates and maintains effective key agency relationships
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphics, Industrial Design or Interior Design, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience with 3D/2D graphics, signage, digital printing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry
• Demonstrated competency in all phases of environmental graphics
• Understanding of branding concepts and the potential for their application to, relationship with and integration into the built environment
• Skilled visual sense and understanding of typography, composition, multiple media platforms, legibility, standards development, documentation, fabrication and implementation
• Sound Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign skills
• Knowledge of video editing, interactive design, industrial design and 3D design/visualization and softwares (Autodesk 3dsmax, Vray) a plus.
• Excellent verbal, graphic and written communication skills.
For the majority of the time the Experiental Graphic Designer will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach. On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys. The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
Please submit a portfolio or work examples with your application
IA Interior Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran