Who are we?
Mijksenaar is a design and consultancy firm specializing in wayfinding, with offices in Amsterdam and New York City. Our primary goal is to connect people and places in a meaningful way. We see every visit, ride and trip as a journey – all of which we strive to make easier, more efficient and more fun.
Mijksenaar offers our clients integrated, innovative and user-friendly solutions. Our philosophy is research based and our solutions are geared towards the users of the system. We believe that great design and functionality are most important to good design.
We work for many different types of clients, such as municipalities, airports, transportation hubs, hospitals, cultural institutions and shopping centers. Our solutions are used daily by millions of people in over 20 countries and over five continents. Our clients include: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, JFK International Airport, PATH Train NY&NJ, Dutch Railways, São Paulo Guarulhos Airport, Qatar Rail, Mekelpark at Delft University of Technology, Hermitage in St. Petersburg, and Denver International Airport.
What are you going to do?
At Mijksenaar you will develop into a wayfinding expert, through collaboration in different teams and for different clients; and by following our internal training: ‘The Mijks Academy.’ From the start you’ll work on various projects by carrying out analyses, design solution strategies in order to work them out in your designs. You’ll use the means that work best, such as interventions in design or architecture; digital means such as narrowcasting or apps; and signposting.
You will be proactive and find it a challenge to further develop your specialization and to familiarize yourself with new tools and methods. Together with the design teams, you’ll create integrated solutions for every client, all the while putting the end user first.
What will be your tasks?
- The development of integral wayfinding solutions;
- Translate from vision & strategy to design proposals;
- Support (senior) designers and project managers;
- Contact with clients and suppliers;
- Writing reports;
- Giving convincing presentations;
- Preparing and executing interactive sessions with clients and stakeholders.
What’s your profile?
- Undergraduate or masters degree in industrial design, communication/graphic design, experience design, architecture, digital media or comparable field;
- 0–3 years experience, in a wayfinding office, a related design field or education.
- Digital skills and programming are a plus;
- A thorough knowledge of and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite;
- You are creative and analytical, passionate and strive for the best result;
- You are proactive and curious, you like to push boundaries;
- You meet your deadlines and do not have a ‘9 to 5’ mentality;
- Dutch is a plus, but not a requirement.
What’s are your conditions of employment?
- Your salary will be commensurate with your education and work experience.
- We’ll offer you a varied and challenging position in an inspiring and an informal atmosphere.
- Interested? Send your cover letter w/motivation, CV and portfolio (link) by March 31, 2018 to: email@example.com, attention: Cesar Sanchez