Second Story is seeking an experienced Lead Producer who has deep experience with museums and cultural institutions to oversee the delivery of large scale exhibits that span the physical and digital environment. Producers at Second Story are strategic contributors who ensure an interdisciplinary process and the delivery of outstanding experiences that are on time and on budget. A true team player, s/he will work in close collaboration with studio creative and technical leads to oversee multiple large-scale, high-complexity projects from kick-off through completion, while also acting as the primary point of contact for clients. The Producer is expected to convey and advocate for client interests and goals to ensure that studio efforts fulfill project requirements. S/he understands the art of collaboration and is capable of supporting and activating teams and team members in a productive, positive way. Candidates should be well-versed in the core principles of producing: communication, organization, and strategic implementation. Ideally, these fundamentals will be embodied in a person who demonstrates clear leadership skills, professional flexibility, good humor, and strong self-starting abilities.
· Work in close collaboration with project creative and technology leads, overseeing associated teams through the entire project life cycle: concept development, experience design, content development, design development, production, quality assurance, installation, and completion
· Act as the primary client contact and serve as the client “voice” during the project lifespan to ensure that their interests and goals are being represented throughout the production process
· Facilitate communication between internal teams and with project-related client teams
· Be proactive, managing projects through regular status updates with teams and clients to recognize dependencies, risks, and issues and escalate them, as needed, toward resolution
· Author project-related contracts and budget estimate documentation
· Manage expectations of clients/partners through collaboration and clear communication
· Implement and report change order process, if required, to remain within scope
· Develop and maintain detailed project schedules and budgets on large and small scale projects
· Balance multiple projects and associated project plans, budgets, deliverables, and teams
· Forecast weekly resource allocations and coordinate allocation with the producing team, ensuring that allocation and priorities are in alignment with project schedules and budgets
· Be responsible for all project documentation, tracking, organization, and follow-through for internal resources and external clients/partners
· Lead business development initiatives, i.e. proposal writing, potential
client meetings/presentations, with support from the BD Director and Business Lead.
· Assess and improve production processes during and after project
Oversee Associate and Senior Associate level Producers on
· Mentor junior production team members
THE CANDIDATE MUST
· Be professional, outgoing, friendly, and fearless
· Be a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to multi-task across numerous simultaneous projects, meet deadlines, process information quickly, and maintain confidential information
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 7+ years of experience in a digital/interactive project management or producer role
· Experience managing the design and implementation of museum exhibits
· Ability to manage more junior producers on large projects in excess of $1M
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Proven, successful experience working in a collaborative environment on multiple deliverable-driven projects from concept to completion. We will inquire about your collaboration successes, as this is critical.· Experience managing scope, risks, and resources for digital and/or interactive projects.
· Experience delivering projects that include physical build-outs.
· Understanding of digital technologies and trends, coupled with a strong interest in working in a design + technology field
· Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in a related field
This is an exceptional opportunity for a meaningful career in an environment where collaboration is paramount, but individual efforts shine. This position is located in Atlanta, GA, with a competitive, comprehensive salary and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, employer-contributed 401(k), and professional development funds.
Please send your resume and your portfolio to email@example.com
about second story
Second Story, part of SapientRazorfish, is a network of design studios that focuses on responsive environments, story-driven experiences, experimentation, and innovation. For more than 20 years, we have conceptualized, designed, and developed environments that educate, immerse, and activate across the cultural and brand space. In our studios in Atlanta, New York, and Portland, designers, producers, and technologists collaborate in a lab-based environment to create experiences that reward audience interaction with powerful, personalized pathways through content and the world of ideas. Second Story’s work has received hundreds of awards and is included in the Smithsonian’s permanent research collection on information technology. For more information, visit www.secondstory.com.