We’re looking for a wonderful Operations Manager/Director who has a foundation in design – particularly architectural, environmental graphics, or engineering design – to support our company with San Leandro and Sacramento offices. This is a new position to the company, so the successful candidate has the opportunity to create systems that make a difference for a growing company. We’re looking for someone who inspires leadership and project ownership throughout our organization while finding efficiencies to grow our business. While initially this is a contract or part-time position, this could be an ideal opportunity for someone looking to grow and become a Principal or Partner.
A little about us: We are a top Bay Area environmental graphic design firm specializing in wayfinding and signage design. We create terrific experiences within the built environment and have a special interest in branded environments and placemaking. We’re big on collaboration, working smartly, being creative, and having fun while doing it. Please look at our website to check out our passion for teamwork, design thinking, and community connection.
We are looking for a successful team leader with strong design and project management skills, expert at planning, directing, estimating, scheduling, and budgeting related to the design, construction and implementation of signage programs and wayfinding for large projects. You will manage the annual and long-range project management and operational activities of our 15-member team. You will have the opportunity to create operational procedures, recommend actions, and find efficiencies to allow our project managers and designers to work to their highest potential. You also have a great sense of humor and are passionate about staying current on market trends and best practices for creative businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the Principal, you will create and monitor operational metrics, budgets, and operational processes to improve efficiency and profitability in our San Leandro and Sacramento offices.
- Develop, lead and provide localized training and support for project managers and designers.
- You will be a key resource/leader in developing and implementing our project and resource management systems, including software, procedures and standards.
- Develop and implement work plans and timely execution for the body of our design projects, including documenting and executing project schedules and budgets. You may be responsible for actively leading large or complex projects.
- Source, select and manage subcontractors, partner vendors and architects
- Coordinate our project management and art teams, balancing our resources and inspiring our people, while developing best practices and profitability matrices.
- Facilitate staff sharing and right sizing our resources.
- Establish firm-wide initiatives and lead operational focused improvements across departments.
- Trouble shoot project issues and work with design team to use best practices.
- Must have 5 to 10 years experience in environmental graphic design, industrial design, interior design, architecture or engineering fields.
- Proven experience planning and managing workflow for large environmental graphic or construction projects.
- Must have a solid understanding and experience with business systems and project management.
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership, and team building skills
- Have high vision, but able to build consensus and work with the team directly and collaboratively, even under deadlines.
- You should be familiar with industry standard software, such as Adobe Illustrator, CAD, and InDesign, Revit and other design softwares. We are an Apple computer based company and we expect you to be proficient with in that environment.
- Expert level listening and communication skills.
Shannon Leigh is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, Veterans, Reentry and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply.
Contact: Kat Porter, email@example.com or Shannon Hackley, firstname.lastname@example.org