Color-Ad, Inc., a custom sign and exhibit manufacturer located in Manassas, Virginia, is currently taking applications for an experienced estimator. Color-Ad is a well-established (since 1962) yet growing company in need of energetic, enthusiastic people looking for a career and not just a job. We are looking for talented professionals with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and a desire to grow, both personally and professionally.
Color-Ad produces a wide range of visual communication products to an even wider range of end-users and industries throughout the United States and beyond. Our products include large scale wayfinding signage programs for municipalities, airports, stadiums and sports arenas, hospitals, and architectural signage, environmental signage, and corporate identity, along with interpretive museum exhibits, exterior and interior interactive elements, digital graphics, display cases, specialized cabinetry and exhibit structures, artifact mounting/installing and themed environments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and growth minded leader who embraces the vision we have for our project management department. The project manager is the strategic leader of the project and acts as the primary client contact. The project manager coordinates and oversees all technical and administrative tasks involved in the design, fabrication and installation of multiple complex sign and/or exhibit projects. We believe this position requires someone who is a great communicator, can lead by example, is willing to understand things from a teammate’s perspective, and is eager to tackle challenges.
The accurate, on time and on budget completion of complex sign and/or exhibit projects.
This position requires the ability to plan, organize, evaluate, inspect, and track work performed for each project. The Project Manager thoroughly understands each project in order to identify problems or discrepancies as they can affect the fabrication, installation, or operation, and develops practical solutions to fabrication practices, methods, materials, and techniques related to processes involved in custom fabrication and installation. Demonstrates experience in managing complex projects and in coordinating and scheduling project work and must have the ability to inspect existing signage and exhibits to determine the scope of work involved in rehabilitation and/or repair.
*Must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record, and be able to travel out of town, state, and sometimes the country, for extended installations.
Required Skills and Traits:
• Ability to quickly understand a new project and drive the process from award to completion
• Ability to interact with clients and subcontractors
• Ability to prioritize and manage tasks and time
• Ability to read and interpret detailed construction drawings and documents
• Attention to detail and desire to get things done right the first time
• Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to proactively complete/direct all administrative tasks involved with the design, fabrication,
installation and close out of each project
• Ability to read and write English at the college level, along with effective oral and written
• Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently but also interdependently with others
• Superb organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and organize multiple projects
• Strong background knowledge in sign and/or exhibit industry in the areas of estimation, engineering,
design input and interpretation, project coordination, fabrication, field installation and supervision
• Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Strategic and creative thinking and problem solving skills
• Possess a
positive, whatever-it-takes attitude and a good sense of humor
Required Experience and Education:
• Minimum five years of experience managing large and complex projects for signs and exhibits or a related industry
• High school diploma or GED
Preferred by not required:
• US Bachelor’s Degree preferably in mechanical engineering/mathematics/business
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
salary paid weekly
• Paid holidays and leave time
• Health, Dental, Life, Short-term and Long-term disability insurances
Color-Ad is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Color-Ad is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.