HKS EXPlore Studio is seeking a highly creative, experienced Environmental Graphic Design Project Manager to work with our team on the design and implementation of environmental graphics in immersive and thematic environments. The ideal candidate will become part of an agile and passionate team who can pair compelling design with technical rigor.
Environmental design is a field which embraces various disciplines such as architectural, industrial, landscape, graphic, interior design, etc. All are related to the visual aspects of communicating information and identity, way-finding and branding. We are looking for a confident and experienced candidate with a background within one or more of these fields with a successful history of leading projects—working and managing architectural graphics, mapping, dynamic environments, exhibit design, signage, wayfinding systems, themed environments, or retail and store design to join our team.
This job demands creative flair along with a knowledge of materials and methods of production. The HKS Explore team upholds the highest standards of project delivery and professionalism, and the Environmental Graphic Design Project Manager will lead by example in all aspects of projects’ production processes that will allow our client’s work to be implemented in a seamless way from the concepts developed with the team.
Requirements and Responsibilities
• 5+ years of Environments experience and hold a bachelor’s degree in design, management or related field.
• Familiar with fabrication processes and materials and an understanding of graphics production and fabrication techniques for both interior and exterior applications, with the ability to interpret and manage the shop drawing process.
• Experience working within specialty installations a plus.
• Ability to plan for the assigned projects and execute as per the specifications of the established design. Ability to work on a number of complex projects with defined budgets and schedules concurrently.
• Experience with Environmental Design project pricing and bidding processes. Estimating / cost quotation and time required for the completion of the project.
• Ability to read architectural plans and drawings and scales.
• Ability to communicate ideas in sketches and renderings. Exceptional skills in Adobe Suite, CAD, Grasshopper and various other visual programming tools to develop two and three-dimensional graphics from blue prints, manual files and digital files.
• Good team spirit. Can work harmoniously within an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment both cooperatively and autonomously, to accomplish tasks in the given time frame. Flexible enough to work with interruptions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, proofreading and editing skills. Ability to establish messages, review sign text and layout to ensure effectiveness, accuracy of compliance and final design with established signage standards, design and logos.
• Preview design concepts and recommend improvement in techniques and quality prior to final issue.
• Candidates must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States, and the ability to travel 20% of hours domestically with occasional international assignments.