Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership, a leading multi-disciplinary architectural and design practice, is seeking a full-timeSeniorGraphic Designer.
Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership (LHSA+DP) is a nationally-recognized, published, and award-winning integrated design firm with a diverse portfolio of architecture, exhibit, and graphic design projects. We bring our approach of "design as interpretation" to everything that we do. Our process always begins with total immersion into the content and context of any situation. For us, giving and imparting meaning become one objective, one vision, and one of the surest paths to superior design.
The successful candidate will work and collaborate with a highly creative team to design graphic programs for exhibitions (museums, cultural venues, and corporate), retail/entertainment/visitor centers, logo/identity systems, print lateral, and wayfinding signage. The Senior Graphic Designer will work closely with Principals and Project Managers as well as oversee the work of Junior Designers and Consultants.
· Oversee all design projects, from conception through production and fabrication
· Conduct visual research and present graphic design concepts both internally and to clients as a part of concept and design development
· Collaborate with internal architectural and interpretive teams for exhibition graphic design projects
· Review and mentor junior designers, ensuring high standards of work and adherence to schedules and project timelines
· Design of marketing communication pieces from thematic and content development through production
· Policing of brand entity across projects, including some oversight of our web and social media channels
· Stay up-to-date with industry developments, tools, and best practices
· Work closely with project managers to create accurate price estimates and breakdowns while delivering solutions within budget
· Coordinate with printers and fabricators to ensure high quality of all production materials
Required skills and experience:
· Leadership in design and design execution
· A minimum of 7-8 years experience with design and implementation of interpretive exhibition graphics as well as environmental graphics is essential.
· Experience with corporate entity/branding, print, and wayfinding signage programs
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Motivated, creative, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of projects
· Possesses strong conceptual skills and has ability to execute design concepts through a variety of mediums
· Experience in the development of graphic design proposals and staffing projections
· Knowledgeable in fabrication techniques and standards of environmental graphics/exhibition graphics and wayfinding design
· Knowledgeable of printing processes and standards for lateral design
· MA or BA in graphic design
· Must be proficient in standard graphic software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
· SketchUp, AutoCAD and Web programs a plus
LHSA+DP offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience, and is seeking a candidate who demonstrates a strong interest in the firm's vision.
Please submit a resume, salary requirements, portfolio, availability, and a minimum of three references to:
Human Resources/Senior Graphic Designer
Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership
75 Broad St Floor 27
New York, New York 10004
No phone calls please