ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
ESI Design is seeking a Senior Experiential Graphic Designer to join its team. This role is for an innovative, driven senior designer who strives to create original and compelling branded design solutions for corporate and retail experiences.
- Team player. Collaborates well with the multidisciplinary team and adopts feedback into improving the design throughout concept, design and production phases.
- Passionate Designer. Loves exploring typography, colors, and materials and realizing them as an integrated 3D reality. Relishes designing visual systems and mapping out spaces.
- ProblemSolver. Possesses strong, inventive approach to finding design solutions and navigating people through spaces.
- Self–starter. Demonstrates a flexible and proactive working style with strong personal ownership. Able to exercise independent judgement while collaborating within team.
- Stellar communicator. Is able to establish design criteria and articulate ideas verbally and visually to internal teams well as to clients. Able to oversee and guide other EGD designers.
THE IDEAL PERSON
- 8+ years experience with strong EGD focus in branded corporate and retail environments
- Degree in Graphic Design or a related subject
- Outstanding composition and typography skills
- Ability to design logos, branded environments, and visual systems
- Ability to document sites and map out wayfinding and identity systems to spaces
- Ability to produce detailed, to-scale drawings of design and to understand architectural drawings
- Ability to produce location plans and graphic schedules
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage timelines
- Ability to coordinate with Production and Project Managers on EGD budget and resource needs.
- Eagerness to prototype and experiment
- Thorough understanding of production requirements, materials, and methods
- Solid experience in overseeing fabrication and installation
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including CADTools, and MS Office, basic knowledge of Sketch-Up, Rhino or similar 3D program