Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership (LHSA+DP) is seeking a skilled, experienced, and responsible person to fill this position of Senior Museum Exhibit Designer. LHSA+DP is an architecture, museum planning and exhibition design firm with diverse projects in children’s museums, history and science facilities.
- Collaborate with both internal and client teams to include but not be limited to: Project Managers, Senior Staff, Exhibit Designers and Interpretive Specialists, Curators, Client Reps
- Work with Senior Staff to develop specific designs in response to owner needs
- Develop creative and innovative design solutions with technical integrity
- Produce hand sketches and/or 3-D digital models
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelors degree or equivalent in Architecture, Exhibit Design, Interior Design or Industrial Design
- 5-7 years of work experience in an architectural or exhibit design consulting firm, exhibit fabrication company, or museum in-house design dept.
- Excellent design skills and ability to conceptualize design concepts
- Working knowledge of museum space planning issues, exhibit design, and designing interactive exhibits for multigenerational audiences
- Hand sketching and drawing ability
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient knowledge of SketchUp and/or Rhino required
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to consistently meet assigned project deadlines and required deliverables exhibits within a short-time frame
IMMEDIATE OPENING. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Please submit your resume, examples of work, 2-3 references, and salary requirements to Jo Ann Secor, Director of Interpretive Services at email@example.com. No phone calls please. International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.