The GNU Group is aggressively looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager — Healthcare & Wayfinding Strategy to lead the strategy, planning and execution for environmental branding, architectural signage and wayfinding solutions for our healthcare clients. This critical position is a strategic leader at GNU Group and is a client-facing, problem-solver who can direct design, manage projects and develop new business. Candidates that possess the requisite knowledge, experience and initiative have the potential to evolve into a principal-level position at the GNU Group.
A Senior Project Manager has the authority, responsibility and accountability for all aspects of a client’s project engagement and is the person responsible for its success. Specifically, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for marketing GNU’s range of services, securing the engagement, properly allocating company resources, delivering the services to the client on time and on budget, and ensuring overall client satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wayfinding Strategy & Planning: Develop comprehensive wayfinding strategies and designing user-friendly wayfinding sign programs. Conduct wayfinding assessments, research user group behavior and concerns, identify circulation patterns, organize destinations, establish hierarchy of information, determine wayfinding language, and meet with stakeholders. Identify functional and aesthetic factors that define design criteria, set operational and compliance parameters and provide fabrication and installation scenarios and budgets.
- Project Planning and Execution: Review and approve the work plan during the proposal phase and upon contract execution including: Scope & approach, milestones and resourcing schedule, budget, and establishing primary responsibilities for client and team communication, change management, financials – (Billing, collections and budget), and project closeout – lessons learned.
- Partner with Project Managers: Mentor Project Managers resulting in a successful project, project team and client experience. This begins with a commitment to actively partner with the PMs, providing timely and effective written and verbal communication, being readily available to support the PMs when conflict resolution or strategic problem solving is needed. Supports the PMs to manage and direct the project team. Provide meaningful feedback to inform performance assessments, including clients and project team members to further support their continued PM development and promotion.
- Project Team Communication and Management: Responsible to mentor, grow and engage with the team in furtherance of their professional development. Foster positive project team collaboration and a team culture where creative ideas are encouraged and implemented as appropriate. Communicate with clarity and purpose. Lead by example.
- Healthcare Thought Leadership: Provide ongoing thought leadership on all healthcare projects. Develop thought leadership content on an ongoing basis for marketing and business development. Share knowledge and lead training sessions for staff development.
- Technical Management: Accountable for the overall quality of the work and to ensure that project deliverables are consistent with project excellence.
- Financial Management: Maintain a positive financial position for GNU Group and projects; constantly understanding and resolving material variances. Accountable for delivering projects at or above our work plan estimates.
- Client Relationship: Proactively meet with clients on a regularly basis post-award to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum exposure at all levels. Develop a program which identifies top/key clients to build and/or maintain client relationships and strategic partnerships.
- New Business: Achieve annual revenue goals to maintain the financial health of the company. Responsible for focused Go/No Go decisions based on our ability to win, deliver project excellence to the client while generating the profit assumptions established with our initial work plans. Identify and develop qualification and bid proposals, lead client presentations and interviews. Proactively look for opportunities to add value and produce high-quality work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years’ experience in wayfinding, environmental branding, and architectural signage.
- 5+ years’ experience in leading healthcare wayfinding strategy & implementation.
- Ability to plan, document and execute project plans, including scope definition, timelines and budgets.
- Organized, with excellent problem solving, time management and risk management skills
- Proactive, flexible, team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team trust quickly.
- Ability to adjust to dynamic project situations and respond accordingly
- Ability to read architectural and engineering plans
- Familiar with general contracting/architectural terminology and processes
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written and leadership skills
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance – 100% paid coverage for employee
- Company paid holidays
- 4 weeks paid time-off (PTO)
- Simple Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Plan with employer contribution (Matching up to 3%)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Great company culture centered on transparency, honest communication, prescribed process and personal responsibility.
About GNU Group:The GNU Group (www.gnugroup.com) is a San Francisco Bay Area based, cutting-edge environmental graphic design and project management firm. Our multi-discipline studio employs a creative staff of professionals who provide planning, design and turnkey management for branding, environmental graphics / architectural signage, wayfinding and marketing communications. Our areas of project expertise span the healthcare, retail, corporate, hospitality and mixed-use sectors.