Adrenaline is an experience design agency that creates and implements brands and retail environments. From idea through implementation, from physical to digital, from one channel to the next, we create it – then fuse it all together. Our reach is local, global and multidimensional. Our product experiences that redefine the way companies and consumers interact and connect everywhere the two come in contact. The result is disruptive experience design that creates brand everywhereness – converting brand affection into consumer action.
As a key member of the RED (Retail Experience Design) Team, the Senior Retail Store Designer will lead store design efforts inclusive of store test fits, ground-up build interiors, tenant fit-outs, major and minor remodels. In this role, the designer will work collaboratively with brand and marketing, retail merchandising, construction and facilities, architects, engineers, contractors and vendors to successfully complete projects on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate has 8+ years of store design experience and will have demonstrated knowledge and capabilities, creating innovative retail store designs. Service retail, financial retail workplace, and hospitality experience is a plus. Flexible schedule with ability to travel is a requirement of this position.
- Propose and develop creative and practical building and retail space plan design concepts
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Must reflect high levels of creativity within the parameters of structure and building requirements
- Ability to balance design with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Lead the development of design projects including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development/documentation in conformance with overarching design goals
- Manage design development processes and relevant contributors, including internal design resources, external design consultants and client teams
- Complete initial site assessments and due diligence
- Perform design functions including store layout/CAD, interior design development, furniture & fixture specifications, space planning related to visual presentation, product merchandising, and overall store appearance and presentation.
- Ensures compliance with building regulations, code compliance requirements and owner/landlord/city/town design criteria
- Responsible for “buildability” and full connectivity and articulation between designs, plans and full construction documents
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store design, including fixtures, lighting and finishes
- Responsible for communicating with clients and consultants independently and as necessary in the process of delivering projects
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawings