Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 45+ offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer's brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
Gensler's Brand Design studio is a laborative team of designers, strategists, and storytellers that engages with a wide variety of clients on projects of all sizes-from product packaging and websites to campus signage systems and international brand positioning. As Gensler brand designers, we help our clients tell their unique stories effectively via every channel available in today's diverse media landscape. Our approach combines design and architectural expertise with a unique point of view and strong communication skills. We believe that this approach results in brands that build trust, inspire confidence, and forge lasting relationships.
As an Environmental Graphic Designer at Gensler, you will tap into your boundless creativity to design unique environmental experiences across a diverse media landscape. You are passionate about helping clients enhance their brand and business performance through design, and adept at developing creative, up-front design concepts. Join a team of thinkers and doers who help client to express their story through graphic and branded communications.
What You Will Do
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of architects and designers to design graphics, branded environment, signage and wayfinding solutions that connect people to place for diverse client projects.
- Conduct research for the organizational, cultural and physical context surrounding a project
- Generate multiple initial concepts and develop viable, documented design solutions that help solve a variety of problems for our clients
- Integrate messaging, or, imagery, type and composition into two and three-dimensional built environments
- Prepare final documentation and production-ready artwork for 3D/EGD, print, or digital applications
- Collaborate with clients, design teams and other graphic designers across multiple industries
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, industrial design, environmental design, architecture, visual communication or related field
- 10+ years professional experience in environmental graphic design, print/digital design, or similar studio experience
- Experience with planning, documentation and management of environmental graphic, wayfinding and signage projects in the context of the built environment
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and MS Office
- Familiarity with architectural construction documents, scales, sections, plans and elevations; proficiency in drawing in scale
- Use of SketchUp, Revit, or other 3D modeling programs a plus
- Working knowledge of motion graphics software, digital video editing, or other skills related to designing for and creating dynamic content a plus
For consideration, please submit, along with online application, a personal portfolio that contains examples of fully realized and produced graphic project work. Process sketch books are appreciated.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our teams' diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.