Scott AG, LLC is a dynamic Northern California Environmental Graphic Design / Fabrication Signage firm seeking a full-time, experienced, and highly motivated Shop Drawing/Fabrication Design Specialist, with two to five years of relevant experience, to work in our Sonoma County location.
Most projects are located in the Greater Bay Area, Southern California and the Western U.S. We are a team-oriented company, working as a design/build firm. We provide comprehensive signage solutions to our clients.
The Shop Drawing/Fabrication Designer will be responsible for the development of fabrication drawings and construction details, through collaboration with our design and production teams.
- Work collaboratively within a planning and design framework, take direction from team leaders to develop and document appropriate fabrication approaches, based on modern methods of fabrication, while meeting current building and electrical codes and construction practices.
- Review Architectural and Structural drawings to determine the best approach to fabrication and installation of architectural elements and signs.
- Work with engineers to develop approved construction drawings.
- Produce digital files for computer-aided machining.
- Development of fabrication drawings that will lead to finished pieces that will uphold company standards.
- Resolve and prevent violation of codes & regulations through close work with project managers, contractors and engineers.
- Read, understand, interpret and respond to all project-related communications.
- Respond to the needs of SAG fabrication team
- Properly document and file all required revisions.
- Outline specific needs to those performing site surveys.
- Make site surveys, sometimes requiring travel.
- Maintain a familiarity of modern construction practices.
- Stay abreast of new manufacturing processes.
Related Skills and Experience:
- 4-year degree in architecture, industrial design, graphic design or similar program
- Two to five years’ experience after graduation in signage, architecture, environmental graphic design, or industrial design.
- 2-D and 3-D communication skills
- Must have the ability start a project from initiation to finished project and recommend sign types that are specific to a given project
- Experience with signage and construction materials, sign fabrication and installation methods.
- Be familiar with welding, machining and finishing processes for all common metals.
- Be familiar with industrial tapes, adhesives and coatings.
- Familiarity with all common materials used in architectural graphics, including glass, stone, plastic, concrete and metal.
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical equations and practices.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with sign design packages, with fabricators, experience with RFI’s and signage installation
- Proficiency drawing to scale, developing and reviewing detailed evaluations, plans, sections and shop drawings as well as read design plans, maps and interpreting construction language
- Strong visualization skills and graphic sensibilities with experience working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary project team
- Proficient in managing multiple collaborative projects with staff from a variety of disciplines with various levels of technical and non-technical backgrounds. Must manage multiple deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Proficiency with the CAD programs (such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, Rhino, etc.),Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch up and other 3D programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Willingness to learn the nuances of this niche communications industry
- Wage is based on experience, plus benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance offered (employer pays 90% of employee).
- 401K plan offered with employer match.
Apply with resume to HR@scottag.com
- Indicate Shop Drawing / Fabrication Design Specialist in Subject line of email
- No Phone calls please
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
- Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers