We are looking for a unique person with experience specifically in Signage and Wayfinding systems. You could come from the Architecture, Planning, Graphic / Industrial Design or Project Management world – and equally be a great fit for this role. The key is that you understand how people navigate a space – what routes they would naturally take, where wayfinding support is needed, and what kind of messages are needed to enjoy an experience and alleviate anxiety.
If this is you – join our multi-disciplinary team to create places where people love to be together. Populous Activate designs immersive environments–bringing together elements of environmental graphics, signage, interiors, exhibit design, interactive experiences, and architecture to powerfully elevate and enliven brands. We work together in a high energy creative studio environment to create powerful brand activations for a diverse spectrum of project types. Our team is diverse, and our company culture is dynamic and fun.
This position is support to our Senior Signage & Wayfinding planner to
Employee Type: Full Time
· Manage planning for signage & wayfinding programs for large scale public assembly, hospitality and entertainment venues
· Audit environments, devise naming strategies, develop information content schedules (message schedules), and sign location plans
· Work closely with clients, designers, architects, general contractors and fabricators
· Through close collaboration with clients, discover opportunities to amplify the character of a place, conveying the brand’s identity in imaginative and compelling ways
· Guide the designers who are creating the visual style and signage design for each project
· Coordinate the development of documentation for construction and installation for major signage systems
· Travel occasionally to venue sites to perform signage audits, monitor installations, and meet with clients
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
· Demonstrated information and user-experience design skills
· Exceptional planning sensibilities and ability to think strategically
- Thorough, thoughtful, precise and able to work independently
· Strong communication and presentation abilities, as well as report writing skill
· Strong work ethic, with demonstrated efficiency, flexibility, and a positive spirit
· Ability to work on a collaborative team – we believe that successful place-making demands an integrated analysis across many disciplines
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat), and MS Office required
· CAD, Navisworks and/or Revit experience a plus
- 3+ years experience in signage & wayfinding, delivering graphic and/or planning projects
- University degree (in planning, architecture or design fields)
- Background in information design, planning, engineering, architecture or industrial design
· Previous work experience in an architecture or fabrication firm is a plus
Please include a cover letter with your application that summarizes how your experience is relevant to this role at Populous, and what you can bring to our team.
Populous is a global architecture and design
firm that designs the places where people love to be together, like Yankee
Stadium, the London Olympics, and the Super Bowl. Over the last 30 years, the
firm has designed more than 2,000 projects worth $40 billion across emerging
and established markets. Populous’ comprehensive services include architecture,
interior design, event planning and overlay, branded environments, wayfinding
and graphics, planning and urban design, landscape architecture, aviation and
transport design, hotels and hospitality, and sustainable design consulting.
Populous has 17 offices on four continents with regional centers in Kansas
City, London and Brisbane.
Populous offers a competitive salary, bonus
and benefit packages, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k,
flexible spending accounts, paid time off and continuing education
benefits. Populous is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual
orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual
with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal,
State or Local law.