We are currently seeking an Environmental Graphic Designer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for creating contract documents for use on environmental graphic design projects for a variety of clients and building types.
- Design and develop way finding, environmental and graphic design projects.
- Provides design documentation, planning, programming and coordination for all aspects of project delivery from schematic design through construction administration.
- Creates graphic images, detailed drawings for presentation and construction.
- Provides production and construction administration assistance to the senior staff and other designers.
- Conceptualizes ideas into complete construction documents and specifications.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of the environmental graphic design process.
- Knowledge of corporate branding, print design and multi-media applications required.
- Knowledge of construction documentation and specification techniques.
- Must possess design talent, creative energy and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency in MS Office such as Outlook.
- Knowledge of Premier Pro, Flash, , Sketch Up or After Effects a plus.
- Knowledge about design elements, such as or and composition.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and troubleshoot problems and recognize alternative actions.
- Ability to provide excellent, consistent service to internal and external clients in a supportive and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment and must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, graphic design, industrial design or related field.
- 3 plus years of graphic design experience; or an equivalent of education and experience required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, or, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.