Kraido is a San Francisco based company that creates branded environments and customer experiences that are strategic, innovative, and practical. Our team is small but our clients are big, affording us the opportunity to work on a broad range of project types in a variety of capacities. We are in search of a Senior Environmental Graphic Designer interested in joining a collaborative and open work environment to teach, learn and grow (and have fun along the way). We want a person who is creative, has a strong graphic design background, is detail-oriented, good-humored and is self-motivated. A minimum of 8 years of design experience working on large and small retail and corporate environments projects, including large-scale sign programs and interior branding systems, is a must.
1. Develop brand strategies with team and translate them into a visual graphic language
2. Define design criteria based on project/system needs and client expectations
3. Develop design solutions for signage, retail interior graphics, brand messaging graphics, brand identity programs, etc.
4. Develop comprehensive sign systems and brand components for multi-site regional and national locations
5. Create/direct the production of brand standards and sign standards documents
6. Direct the team in the development of design solutions as well as the creation of final digital art for a range of media, including print, web, permanent media (livery, signage, building facades), etc.
7. Participate in client presentations
1. Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
2. Strong understanding of architectural scale and working with Adobe CADtools plug-in
3. Very familiar with sign/message programming as well as ADA code compliance
4. Strong graphic/typographic sensibilities, including information systems and standards
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a design related field, such as graphic design, environmental graphic design, etc.