About Ayers Saint Gross:
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized, employee-owned design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interiors, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. With over 165 professionals, our firm is organized into a series of studios specialized by practice area, each supported by expertise in various disciplines. We are unique among our peers in that more than 85 percent of our work is for academic and cultural institutions, having worked on over 500 projects for more than 140 institutions. Our design is driven by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind for future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. We are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington DC and Tempe, Arizona.
The Graphic Design studio at Ayers Saint Gross specializes in the design of visual communication systems that shape relationships between people and places. We create visual communication systems for environments, publications, and brands. We specialize in information design and identity design, environmental graphic design, signage, and wayfinding. We are looking for an Environmental Graphic Designer, with specific expertise in wayfinding and messaging for large signage/wayfinding systems. In addition to having large systems thinking, experience with construction administration and project management is also critical.
• Manage projects through construction administration process
• Communicate directly with clients
• Design, plan, and document a variety of environmental graphic design project types including wayfinding, master planning, signage, and integrated interior graphics
• Define visual communication goals and articulate how they are supported by design
• Travel as necessary for research and field work. Extensive travel is not anticipated
• Attention to detail, thoroughness, and ability to assist others with quality assurance reviews
• Participation in design workshops and critiques
• Ability to develop solutions within a budget and on time
• Read and understand architectural documents and work within multidisciplinary teams including architecture, master planning, landscape architecture, and graphic design disciplines
• Oversee construction administration of signage projects including review of shop drawings, samples, and installation
• Minimum 8 years of experience in environmental graphic design, wayfinding and signage
• Bachelor’s degree (BFA or similar) required.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent typography and graphic design skills
• An understanding of EGD and implementation processes
• Strategic and analytical wayfinding skills
• Knowledge of materials with specific emphasis on exterior material performance, sustainability, and ADA compliance
• Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
• Strategic thinker able to establish goals and solutions for effective visual communication
• Excellent listening skills and an ability and willingness to translate feedback into action
• Experience working within brand guidelines • Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) required. AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Revit and Rhino a strong plus.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
• We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients
• We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence
• We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
• We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
• We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly-energized work environment.
For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com. Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.