Who we are:
Mijksenaar is a design and consultancy firm specializing in wayfinding, with offices in Amsterdam and New York City. Our primary goal is to connect people and places in a meaningful way. We see every visit, ride and trip as a journey - all of which we strive to make easier, more efficient and more fun. Mijksenaar offers our clients integrated, innovative and user-friendly solutions. Our philosophy is research based and our solutions are geared towards the users of the system. We believe that great aesthetics and functionality are most important to good design. We work together with many different types of clients, such as municipalities, airports, transportation hubs, hospitals, cultural institutions and shopping centers. Our solutions are used daily by millions of people in over 20 countries and over five continents. A brief ion of our clients: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Dutch Railways, Hermitage in St. Petersburg, Denver International Airport, Cycle Highways, Bicycle Parking schemes for Amsterdam, Amersfoort and Utrecht.
Who we're looking for:
At Mijksenaar, you will develop into a wayfinding expert through laboration in different teams and for different clients, and by following our internal training: 'The Mijks Academy.' From the start, you'll work on various projects by carrying out analyses and design solution strategies in order to incorporate them into your designs. You'll use the most effective means, such as interventions in design or architecture, digital tools such as narrowcasting or apps, and signposting. You will be proactive and challenged in further developing in your specialization and familiarizing yourself with new tools and methods. Together with the design teams, you'll create integrated solutions for every client, all the while putting the end user first.
• Develop integral wayfinding solutions;
• Translate from vision & strategy to design proposals;
• Support (senior) designers and project managers;
• Contact clients and suppliers;
• Write reports;
• Give convincing presentations;
• Prepare and execute interactive sessions with clients and stakeholders.
• Undergraduate or masters degree in industrial design, communication/graphic design, experience design, architecture, digital media or comparable field;
• 3-5 years experience in a wayfinding office, a related design field or education.
• Digital skills and programming are a plus;
• A thorough knowledge of and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite;
• You are creative and analytical, passionate and strive for the best result;
• You are proactive and curious, you like to push boundaries;
• You meet your deadlines and do not have a '9 to 5' mentality;
• Speaking Dutch is a plus, but not a requirement.
Conditions of employment:
Your salary will be commensurate with your education and work experience. We offer a varied and challenging role in an inspiring and informal atmosphere.
Interested? Send a cover letter, your CV and portfolio to us by November 15, 2018 to: email@example.com, attention: Cesar Sanchez